The goals of the Sociology Department for general education students are:
- To enable the student to develop a Christian perspective relating to humankind’s involvement in groups and in the larger society. This is accomplished in three main areas:
- studying the various principles of interaction that govern human relationship (social interactions),
- studying the various problems that face contemporary society (social concerns),
- studying the basic institutions of society and their interdependence (social institutions).
- To provide students the necessary methodological tools whereby they may uncover social reality in a variety of contexts (survey research, participant observation and content analysis).
- To demonstrate the practical relevance of the discipline by applying sociological insight and methodology to the work of God’s kingdom.